Welcome my friends to your site to learn electrical engineering .Today I present to you Great GUIDES on ENGLISH PERFECT GRAMMAR
When should I use the present perfect simple?
This tense is used for completed and unfinished actions.
1: This tense is used to debate unfinished actions, states or habits that started up to now and proceed into the current. It’s used to point ‘how lengthy’, and we additionally want to make use of’since’ or “for”. We regularly use stative verbs.
- Karen has been my buddy since 1994.
- She has lived in London for the previous three years.
- That is my sixth month of employment.
“Since” and “For”
With a set date up to now, we use “since” (2004, April 23rd). A set time can refer to a different motion that’s easy up to now (since I used to be at college since I arrived).
- Sam has been my buddy since 1992.
- Since I used to be a child, I’ve liked chocolate.
- She has been right here since 2pm.
For a time interval (two hours, three years or six months), we use the phrase “for”.
- Julie has been my buddy for ten yr.
- I’ve been hungry for hours.
- For the previous week, she has been affected by a chilly.
2: Life expertise. These are actions or occasions that occurred throughout an individual’s lifetime. It isn’t doable to say when an expertise occurred. The particular person should be current now. Right here, we regularly use the phrases “ever” and “by no means”.
- I have been to Tokyo.
- They visited Paris 3 times.
- That movie has by no means been seen by us.
3: With an unfinished phrase of time (this month, this weeks, at this time). The time interval continues to be ongoing.
- I haven’t seen her in a month.
- She has had three cups of espresso.
- I’ve already moved twice within the final yr.
The current good can’t be used with a ultimate time phrase.
He was there yesterday.
4: A accomplished motion that produces a end result within the second (give attention to the end result). The current good is usually used to confer with one thing that occurred up to now however continues to be related or true at this time. Generally, the previous can be utilized right here in easy English.
- I’ve misplaced my keys so I can not get in my home.
- She has injured her leg, so she is unable to play tennis at this time.
- They’ve missed the bus, so they are going to be late.
5: The current good can be utilized to speak about something that has occurred up to now, though there isn’t any clear end result. That is widespread when we have to current information. We regularly use the phrases “simply / but/ already / not too long ago” in these conditions. The previous easy is appropriate in these conditions, particularly in US English.
- The Queen has made a speech.
- Lucy, I simply noticed you.
- The Mayor introduced a brand new plan to enhance the railways.
Been and Gone
This tense makes use of each ‘been’ and ‘gone’ to point that the particular person has been there. Nonetheless, that is in barely totally different conditions. Once we talk about life expertise, we use the time period ‘been’ to point that the particular person being mentioned visited the world and returned.
- I’ve been to Paris in my life. However now I stay in London.
- Right now she went to highschool, however now she is again at residence.
- They’ve by no means been to California.
Once we confer with an motion that has a end result up to now, we use the phrase “gone” to point that somebody went to the placement and is now there.
- The place is John? He has already been to the retailers (he’s now on the retailers).
- Julie went to Mexico (now she is in Mexico).
- They’ve been to Japan for 3 week (now they’re in Japan).